We Do The Math For You
Michigan determines child support based on calculations that try to take into account:
- Disparities in family income
- Custody agreements and visitation time
- How many children are in each home
- Specific needs of your child (e.g., additional medical expenses for special needs children)
- Other circumstances that can affect financial stability
But, this does not mean that the base calculation is always fair or that it sees the full picture. Our firm can help you negotiate a satisfactory arrangement outside of court, use our resources to find hidden income, and advocate for you before a judge.
We also can obtain enforcement orders for delinquent child support payments.
Take Care Of Your Family
Choosing the right lawyer makes a real difference in the way the court sees you and your case. With the right preparation and skill, your chances of success increase notably. Email our primary attorney, Jennifer M. Paine, and start a plan for your child support today.